Hey y'all~ Today we are going behind the scenes with…. A.S. Fenichel.
A.S. has a new book out- DECEPTION. Book 2 in The Demon Hunter's Series.
When Demons threaten Regency London, only a Lady can stop them.
Lillian Dellacourt is beautiful, refined and absolutely lethal. She’s also the most feared and merciless demon hunter in The Company. She’s come a long way from the penniless seamstress’s daughter sold to the highest bidder, and it wasn’t by trusting a man, let alone an exiled Marquis with more on his mind than slaying the hellspawn . . .
For Dorian Lambert, Marquis de Montalembert, being sent to keep track of Lillian is no mean task. He’s wanted the fiery vixen since he first heard of her five years ago. But wooing the lady while fighting the demon uprising is no easy feat, especially when the lady’s tongue is as sharp as the Japanese sai blades she favors for eviscerating the spawn of hell.
These two will have to learn to trust each other fast, because the demon master is back, and he’s planning to turn Edinburgh into a living hell…
4 ebook copies Deception.
Click on the link below to register to win!
Ok- I've shown you some the good stuff but let's meet A. S. – it get's even better:-)
Hi. Thanks for coming on my blog. My focus is for readers to get to know you-the person who is the writer . So I have a few questions designed just for that purpose.
- I’m happy to be here. Go for it! My life is an open book. 😉
Do you write every day? Or M-F 9 to 5? How do you approach the schedule of writing.
- My plan every week is to work M-F 9 to 5. It doesn’t always work out. Working from home sometimes means dealing with distraction. I usually write every morning. When I’m on deadline I write until it’s done. I prefer to edit in the early afternoon and squeeze in social media whenever I can. This can also be very distracting. I’m thinking of getting an egg timer to keep me honest and get me to turn off the internet and get back to work.
So that being said: When it's time to not write, what do you do? Not just hobbies. Are you the head chef in your house? Chauffeur?
I am head chef and house keeper. My husband takes care of everything outside. Though we love to cook together and even teach an Italian cooking class now and then. I have a vegetable garden, but this year has been so hot in Texas, it has suffered. The dog and cat take up a lot of my time. Each demands a lot of attention and love. Of course this part is a joy since they are my babies.
After my first book was published it dawned on me that my dad would be reading sex scenes I wrote. I was mortified. Tell us about something to do with your writing that embarrassed you or caught you off guard.
- HaHa! I don’t let any of it embarrass me. My dad read them before he passed. They weren’t published back then. My mom reads them all and loves them. I’m pretty sure my family and friends know what I write and if that will upset them, then they should refrain from reading. My nieces won’t read my books and two of them are avid readers. I’m not offended. I get it, they don’t want to think that I have sex. LOL. The thing is, I write action packed, sexy romance novels and I don’t apologize for anything in them. I don’t want to offend anyone, but it seems dishonest to close the door to the bedroom when I’ve already bared the poor characters soul to you. What do you think? Well, when you put it like that…:=)
Do you still love the first book or would you change it?
- Recently I got the rights back on Mayan Afterglow, my first published book. I went through it from top to bottom and gave it a fresh edit, which it desperately needed. I did not change the content. I still love that little book and I still think it’s very entertaining.
What are your top 5 favorite books of all time?
- Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolken)
- Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
- A Knight in Shining Armor (Jude Deveraux)
- Persuasion (Jane Austen)
- Fanta C (Sandra Brown)
What writer/book do you recommend to friends every time?
- Jude and Sandra for all time. Janye Ann Krentz is brilliant. Mary Jo Putney. If you’re looking for something really sexy, Karla Doyle or Kit Rocha.
Favorite all time characters that you wrote?
- It’s like picking a favorite child. How do you choose? Okay: Belinda from Ascension, but don’t tell the others. Belinda is clever, tough, loving, fair and willing to change her position when faced with new evidence. She’s the most honorable woman I’ve ever read or written.
And for the writers that read the blog…anything you know now that you didn't know then that you wished someone would have shared.
- I wish there was a handbook for authors. It doesn’t have to be easy, but it would have been nice to know how to promote back when Mayan Afterglow first came out. I knew nothing of blog tours, Facebook Pages, twitter was a different universe. I had no clue how to connect with readers. It’s still not easy, but at least now I know the ropes. I would also advise new writers to join a writing group. Writers (most of us) are very generous with our knowledge. If you ask for help, you’ll get it.
Thanks so much for having me on your blog, Kristi. It was wonderful to be here. I hope everyone enjoys reading Deception as much as I loved writing it.
Oh, girl! I love chatting with you. You pop on over any time and let's do it again! Thanks for giving up some of your valuable time and coming over to my blog. I wish the much success and happiness with this release! I'm here, cheering you on!
You can hook up with A.S. at the following places~
Thanks for coming by the site to hang with my friend, A.S., and me. I sure hope you come back as well. Until then- Keep Moving Forward~