When I first started posting to my website it was to journal my journey toward publishing. Then I sold my first manuscript (much faster than I thought) and the journey seemed to get lost in the madness that became my education in editing, marketing, social media, and writing book 2, and book 3, and book 4 etc…
The Journey hasn't been without bumps. No sir.
- I became very familiar with the term “false starts” which I like to call “stories in waiting”. They haven't become full novels…yet..but they just might. But they were't the story I was supposed to be writing and I tucked them aside to start fresh.
- I went through a period where I felt like I only new four words: fun, lovely, certainly, and happy. For the life of me I felt as if I couldn't find any other adverbs, adjectives, or a different way to construct a sentence. I became so desperate for a new word to use I started looking forward to my 2nd grader's vocabulary words every week.
- I learned how to wait patiently for a “yay” or “nay” from my publisher.
- While waiting I learned how to be a hybrid author and published 5 short stories that I LOVE with all my heart.
- I made some AMAZING friends (KICKASS CHICKS for one).
- I started thinking of writing long term with realistic lenses in my glasses.
AND TODAY! Today I hold in my hot little hands my contract for the next two books in my NO STRINGS ATTACHED series. IT'S OFFICIAL! My books have a home with Lyrical (Kensington's Digital Line) and I couldn't be more pleased. I get to work with my amazing editor again. Though, I think I stress her out when I call her Obi Wan. But she's more Yoda than anything with her wisdom and insights.
So standby folks. My journey continues as I push to finish this series and get out my first strictly women's fiction novel.
Thanks for coming along with me on this adventure.